Memphis, TN - Megaphone TV and local sports go together like touchdowns and field goals. Megaphone is very pleased to be integrated into Cox Media's WHBQ station, giving sports fans and news seekers in Memphis a way to make their voices heard on a variety of topics on their local news broadcasts.
For WHBQ's on air launch of Megaphone, the station put together an impressive package that truly demonstrates some great methods for getting the most out of Megaphone's suite of live polling products.
Some highlights of their Megaphone usage visible in the video clip below include:
- Integrating push notifications into their app so that viewers can be made aware of upcoming polls, even if they're not watching the show.
- A clear call to action to let viewers know that a poll is coming up and allowing time for the audience to get their devices out and join in on the fun. The clear visual and oral directions from the host about how and where to vote with a simple and easy to remember URL removes several barriers for audience participation.
- Highlighting local high schools and points of interest that has strong meaning and a source of pride for the local audience.
- Strong branding by incorporating sponsor logos and the catchy "Fox 13 High School Sports Zone" segment title into both the local station and Megaphone TV graphics. The branding of the Sunrise Automotive Group is of particular interest as automotive is the #1 sponsorship category for local news stations.
- Adding some stakes to the poll by having audience members select which local high school showed the best spirit in their "Fan of the Week" poll.
The results of the poll were very close as both video clips demonstrated groups of high school students giving it their all to show their pride for their school's teams. Congratulations to the students of Harding Academy for being named Fox 13 Memphis' Fans of the Week!